Mobile App Development: A First Course in iOS
You’ve heard all the stories about how the App Store has enabled so many new programmers to put their mobile apps into the hands of millions of users. In this course, we’ll help you get started in turning your app ideas into reality.
We know first-hand how satisfying it can be to publish a mobile app that people use, and find useful. Some apps we’ve made:
- IC Photo: Take your IC or passport photo easily. Hundreds of thousands of downloads, and lots of five-star reviews from grateful users! And a one-star review from someone who ran out of space on his device and couldn’t save his photo. Ah well.
- ID Photoprint: Like IC Photo, but for US passports, where the dimensions are slightly different. Code re-use! It’s great.
- GuestDay: An iPad-based guest registration system, perfect for wedding and event organisers who think pen and paper registration is too 20th-century. After all, pen and paper doesn’t sync, and can’t scan QR codes! (As far as we know.)
- Teacher’s Pet: A smart reminders app for teachers.
Please note, however, that this course requires you to have some programming experience. It doesn’t matter what language you know, as long as you understand basic programming concepts such as variables, functions, iterators, and conditionals. If you’d like to take this course, but don’t know any programming, consider taking either our Arduino or Unitycourses first.
- 23, 24, 25 June 2014 (Monday to Wednesday) : 9 am to 5 pm